Will & Estate Cases
Results are what you expect when you hire an attorney. Results are a complete or partial victory, results are your freedom, family, money, or whatever justice dictates. We get results for our clients. Our verdicts, settlements and victories on behalf of our clients are not mere unsubstantiated words but proven facts. We get results because we work tirelessly, investigate thoroughly and research extensively. We meet with our clients endlessly until we know your case inside and out. We get results because we are experienced, we are well known in the legal community and we know how to get your case successfully resolved.
Estate and Probate Administration: A well drafted will is the centerpiece of every effective estate plan. Estate administration is a complex, detailed and often confusing process. Estate administration has its own legal and tax requirements along with various filing, notice and election deadlines for probate and orphans court.
Often times, family members, with no legal training, believe that they can handle an estate administration on their own. By not being aware of various legal and tax requirements, this type of self-representation often creates unknown additional problems for the immediate family and later generations. Tax laws and personal circumstances change constantly; therefore, if you are not in this business, mistakes made by “in the know” family members can be extremely costly to the estate and surviving family members.
Our legal, tax and practical experience in estate administration facilitates effective, efficient, responsive and timely estate administration for the family. We can help avoid unnecessary, costly and expensive mistakes and provide peace of mind by utilizing comprehensive and necessary legal advice and tax assistance to families coping with the grief of the loss of a beloved member of the family.
Here are some of the more important services we provide to assist clients in the estate administration and probate process:
- Will drafting and review
- Guiding and advising the executor or administrator through the estate process.
- Minimize the risk of a lawsuit brought by beneficiaries for the mismanagement of an estate, the theft of assets or other grounds for removal of an executor or trustee under Pennsylvania probate law.
- Preparation of all probate documents including drafting and obtaining letters of administration and letters testamentary.
- Assist the executor or administrator in the collection and preservation of estate assets whether they are probate or non-probate assets.
- Make sure all required notices and filings with the register of wills and orphans court are completed as required.
- Determine the creditors and claimants that have valid claims against the estate and the order of priority of payment.
- Help ensure that all legal and tax deadlines are met to take advantage of income and estate tax savings and avoidance of interest and penalties.
- Preparation of fiduciary income tax returns, final income tax returns of the decedent as well as federal estate tax returns and Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax Returns.
- Post-mortem estate and income tax planning to maximize tax savings for both the estate and surviving members of the family.
- Drafting the filing of the formal estate accounting submission to Orphans Court in Philadelphia, Montgomery, Bucks, Chester, Delaware and other outlying counties in Pennsylvania.
- Drafting of a family settlement agreement and other required forms to complete the administration of the estate.
- Advice on insurance and asset allocation.
- Drafting of Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney documents that will not be deemed unenforceable after the fact.
What Clients Say
“Thank you for bringing my son home Mr. Pagano.”
D. Pennington – 10/19 Not Guilty – Attempted Murder D. Pennington - 10/19 Not Guilty - Attempted Murder
“We hired Greg to handle a very scary and urgent situation that involved one of our children. Greg engaged immediately. We felt like we knew him and could trust him very quickly . . . he was “all in” totally vested in the outcome. Greg is passionate, smart and responsive.”
Anonymous – 5/17 Case Dismissed – Robbery Motor Vehicle (Carjacking) Anonymous - 5/17 Case Dismissed - Robbery Motor Vehicle (Carjacking)
“Mr. Pagano won my double murder case and then got me $750,000.00.”
Nafis Pinkney – 2/18 Not Guilty – Murder Case. Nafis Pinkney - 2/18 Not Guilty - Murder Case.
“Greg insisted on hiring a ballistician, and the results were in my favor, but the prosecution still persisted . . . was relentless in pursuing the true story of the incident . . . Greg was fantastic and never wavered in pursuit of a fair outcome for me. I am very grateful to him and his fine staf...
John P. – 3/18 Case Dismissed – Discharge of Firearm at Police. John P. - 3/18 Case Dismissed - Discharge of Firearm at Police.
“Greg is very good at what he does which is practicing law. His team is very professional and caring for ensuring and working on your cases and being very communicating with you through all the process.”
Mike – 5/18 Mike - 5/18
“Thankfully I was found not guilty, but it wouldn’t have been so without the excellent litigation skills of Mr. Pagano.”
Mike – 8/18 Not Guilty – Assault and Burglary Mike - 8/18 Not Guilty - Assault and Burglary
“I had a very difficult case which I thought was difficult to win. I was found not guilty.”
Anonymous – 11/18 Anonymous - 11/18
“He and his staff worked very hard for our family. He is an excellent attorney.”
YE – 11/18 NOT GUILTY – Murder Case YE - 11/18 NOT GUILTY - Murder Case
“Mr. Pagano (Greg), is an OUTSTANDING, UPSTANDING and DETERMINED attorney.”
Lisa M. – 12/18 Case Dismissed – Drugs and Guns Lisa M. - 12/18 Case Dismissed - Drugs and Guns
“Greg, and his assistant Sarah provided my son with excellent legal representation. You can use any lawyer but its clear Greg is head and shoulders above his peers. His reputation in the courthouse and his professionalism carries a lot of weight in his dealings with the DA’S. He used his skill t...
AT – 12/18 Case Dismissed. Aggravated Assault on Police. AT - 12/18 Case Dismissed. Aggravated Assault on Police.
Talk To A Lawyer
Enter Your Contact Details Below
- Our firm provides the highest quality legal services - criminal, civil or family law - to individuals in Philadelphia, anywhere in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and any state in the country. Whether we are fighting for your liberty, your health, your family, your rights or your money, we fight to win.